Imagine a company that can produce power cleanly, efficiently and profitably with no need for government subsidies utilizing technologies with years of actual commercial deployment and applications. Imagine Independent Power USA (IPU). Our team, along with our Engineering Procurement Construction (EPC) Contractors have successfully developed, tested, and implemented renewable “Private Power Plants” on a commercial scale for the most complex applications today. IPU’s range of proprietary and licensed technologies includes the conversion of biomass feedstock for high efficiency boiler systems and/or for conversion via pyrolysis into biogas, all with little or no emissions. These technologies are deployed in Combined Heat and Power (CHP) and Distributed Generation applications.
Leadership • Long term service • Delivery Cost • Scale
- At its core the technologies have provided power with 100% reliability for over 15 years.
- Independent Power USA, LLC (IPU) is a leader in the advancement of distributed generation utilizing renewable “green” technologies that are accepted as best available technology and exploit maximum achievable control technology to fit each client’s unique needs.
- IPU can provide all necessary financing to complete a project, typically under a “Build, Own, Operate” agreement with the host entering into a long term contract.
- Sulfur and Mercury emissions are reduced by 30 to 70 percent vs. traditional coal fired generation.
- Current coal-fired facilities can be re-tasked, resulting in near zero emissions and these technologies can eliminate all traditional power generation emissions.
- Each power plant is self-contained and independent from Utility supply and infrastructure
- Biogas to Electricity or CNG applications.
- IPU’s unique capabilities allows for co-generation facilities to produce scalable production capacity in 2 or 5 MW modules that are capable of using multiple fuel feed stocks, utilizing biomass, biogas, wood chips, C & D derived fuel, asphalt shingles, chicken litter, waste coal, and various other waste products.
- IPU has the technical expertise to design individual energy solutions that are tailor made for each host’s specific requirements, often in ways never before imagined.
- IPU’s process can offset CO2, SOX, NOX and mercury emissions associated with traditional power generation.